Wallis Institute Annual Conference
10th Annual Conference
October 3rd and 4th, 2003
Held at Hutchison House, 930 East Avenue
- "The Dynamics of Government,"
Per Krusell, University of Rochester
(Co-Authors : John Hassler, Kjetil Storesletten and Fabrizio Zilibotti)
- "Why doesn't Capitalism flow to poor countries?,"
Rafael Di Tella, Harvard Business School
(Co-Author : Robert MacCulloch)
- "Bureaucrats or Politicians?,"
Alberto Alesina, Harvard University
(Co-Author : Guido Tabellini)
- "On the frequency of retention decisions : A useful tool for understanding political business cycles?,"
Leonardo Martinez, University of Rochester
- "On the Robustness of Majority Rule,"
Eric Maskin, Institute for Advanced Study
(Co-Author : Partha Dasgupta)
- "Would Rational Voters Acquire Costly Information?,"
Cesar Martinelli, ITAM
- "Median Voting in Multidimensional Issue Spaces,"
Sophie Bade, New York University
- "Bargaining Foundations of the Median Voter Theorem,"
John Duggan, University of Rochester
(Co-Author : Seok-Ju Cho)