Wallis Institute Annual Conference
12th Annual Conference
September 30th and October 1st, 2005
held at the Memorial Art Gallery
- "Inefficiency in Legislative Policy-Making: A Dynamic Analysis,"
Marco Battaglini (Princeton),
(Co-Author : Steven Coate)
- "When Do Elections Promote Policy Moderation by Privately-Informed Officials?"
Kenneth Shotts (Stanford),
(Co-Author : Brandice Canes-Wrone)
- "Is Mandatory Voting Better than Voluntary Voting?"
Mattias Polborn (Illinois),
(Co-Author : Stefan Krasa)
- "Sequential Elimination vs. Instantaneous Voting,"
Eyal Winter (Hebrew Univ. of Jerusalem),
(Co-Authors : Parimal Kanti Bag and Hamid Sabourian)
- "Deliberative Democracy or Market Democracy: Designing Institutions to Aggregate Preferences and Information,"
Adam Meirowitz (Princeton)
- "The Incumbency Advantage in U.S. Primary Elections,"
Jim Synder (MIT),
(Co-Authors : Stephen Ansolabehere, Mark Hansen, and Shigeo Hirano)
- "Media Bias and Reputation,"
Matthew Gentzkow (Chicago),
(Co-Author : Jesse M. Shapiro)