Wallis Institute Annual Conference
15th Annual Conference
October 10th and 11th, 2008
held at the Schlegel Hall, Wm. E. Simon Graduate School of Business, UR
- "Searching for Good Policies"
Steve Callander, Northwestern
- "Competence and Ideology"
Odilon Camara, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
(Co-Authors : Dan Bernhardt and Francesco Squintani)
- "Elections with Platform and Valence Competition"
Scott Ashworth, Princeton
(Co-Author : Ethan Bueno de Mesquita)
- "Parties, Coalitions, and the Internal Organization of Legislatures"
Razvan Vlaicu, Univ. Maryland
(Co-Author : Daniel Diermeir)
- "Information and Voting: the Wisdom of the Experts versus the Wisdom of the Masses"
Joseph McMurray, Univ. Rochester
- "Strategic Delegation and Voting Rules"
Bard Harstad, Northwestern
- "Pork Versus Public Goods: An Experimental Study of Public Good Provision Within a Legislative Bargaining Framework"
Massimo Morelli, Columbia
(Co-Authors : Guillaume Frechette and John Kagel)
- "On the Case for a Balanced Budget Amendment to the US Constitution"
Marina Azzimonti, Univ. Texas
(Co-Authors : Marco Battaglini and Steven Coate)