Wallis Institute Annual Conference
6th Annual Conference
October 22-23, 1999
The Wallis Institute organized its 6th Annual Conference on October 22-23, 1999. Speakers and papers are listed in the order of presentation at the conference.
- Jonathan Katz, "Indecision Theory: Explaining Selective Abstention in Multiple Elections", co-author Paolo Ghirardato
- David Stromberg, "Radio's Impact on New Deal Spending". (Tables)
- Matthew Jackson, "Strategic Candidacy and Voting Procedures", co-authors Bhaskar Dutta and Michel Le Breton
- Marco Battaglini, "Multiple Referals and Multidimensional Cheap Talk"
- Rohini Panda, "Minority Representation and Policy Choices: The Significance of Legislator Identity
- John Patty, "A theory of Voting in Large Elections", co-author Richard McKelvey
- Ronny Razin, "Swing Voters and Mandate Makers: Voting When Margin of Victory Matters"
- Antonio Merlo, "A Structural Model of Government Formation", co-author Daniel Diermeir